Thank you so much for applying to Beckfoot Oakbank Sixth Form and for your patience with regards to the application process and the difficult times we are currently experiencing. However, we still need to ensure you are fully prepared for September and for the courses you have chosen to study.
In preparation for all your A Level or BTEC courses can you please ensure:
- you complete the relevant Transition Work. All parts of the transition work, including essays, extended questions and research tasks must be handed in during the first week back in September. This is an essential requirement to join the course.
- Failure to complete this work could result in the fact that you will be unable to continue your studies at Beckfoot Oakbank.
- Only complete the work set for the subjects you intend to study and if you have any queries or questions regarding the transition work, please contact the relevant Faculty Leader.
PE - Chris Heaton – email@example.com
Humanities - Kate Grayson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Science -Maria Humpherson – email@example.com
Maths Paula Kerr – firstname.lastname@example.org
Technology and Computing Graham Hill – email@example.com
Creative Arts Helen Ellwood – firstname.lastname@example.org
English - Jayne Finlay – email@example.com
More than ever, this transition work is essential to ensure that any gaps in your learning since leaving are addressed and you are suitably informed and ready to start your Level 3 courses. I appreciate that some of the work will be challenging but this work will show you the depth of knowledge and understanding needed to study A Level and BTEC courses. If you know that you might not be able to access the resources, please let a member of the Post 16 Team know before we break for the summer.
- Emma Ellis – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Derrick – email@example.com
- Manny Delgado – firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to seeing you on Thursday 20th August – your GCSE Results Day - however this may look - and welcoming you in September.
As part of your induction to sixth form in September we will go into further detail about our expectations within the sixth form including study skills, dress code and how to make the most of your two years.
Finally, if you have any other general enquiries about Post 16, again please contact any member of the Post 16 team through the e-mail addresses provided.