A Memorable Curriculum
The Curriculum Challenge
A great curriculum responds to the needs of individuals and enables them to flourish academically, spiritually, morally, socially and culturally. The curriculum spans the taught and extra-curricular life of the school and it must excite and challenge students whilst also providing scope for them to acquire the wider skills necessary for success in later life.
- We have whole-school initiatives for the development of literacy and numeracy skills but, if they are not enough, we have ‘catch-up’ arrangements that work in year 7.
- Our Sixth Form is in the top 10% nationally for post 16 provision. We are rightly proud of our reputation as a highly rated Sixth Form provider, with a wide curriculum. Students are making high levels of progress and being well prepared for university, higher/further education or employment.
- All our students receive detailed Information, Advice and Guidance (IAG), from qualified careers advisors throughout their time at Beckfoot Oakbank.
- We recognise that learners are different. Key stage 4 curriculum choices provide pathways for academic and vocational learning and where appropriate, we blend off-site provision into the selection to keep learners motivated and ambitious.
- National and international trips and visits, sporting and artistic activity litter our school calendar and engage our students in exciting and challenging opportunities to test themselves, to gain confidence and to shine brightly as talented young people.